Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Year of the Comic...

...Comic BOOK that is.  I knew there were a few movies based on comics coming out this year, but when I looked them all up I was surprised at how many there actually are!

I know nothing about comics.  Lucky for me I married a guy who, when he moved in, came with an entire trunk full of comic books.

When a movie based on a comic comes out, I've learned to NOT ask questions.  (Questions like, are the characters in the movie same as the ones in the comic book or is the story accurate?)  Because IF I do, I get a back story so involved, it'd make your head spin.  I was watching the previews for some of the movies posted below and Jason watched Priest with me.  After it was done, he walked away muttering, "That's not the Priest I remember."

I didn't even know Priest was a comic....

For your viewing pleasure I present previews for the entire 2011 list of comic-books-turned-into-movies (plus my comments, because I have to comment!)

Enjoy!

January 14 - The Green Hornet
This is out on DVD already I do believe.  I've heard it's not bad!


May 6 - Thor
'Cause who doesn't want to see a smokin' hot Aussie in a movie? Well... I mean what chick doesn't want to see that...

May 13 - Priest
Because we really need another vampire movie...

I liked the first set of X-Men movies. I dislike that they have to do all of these prequels to movies. (Though I must admit... the Star Trek prequel was pretty darn good!)

June 17 - Green Lantern
I thought this preview looked stupid.  There was no comment from Jason.

I look forward to seeing who they got to replace Megan Fox.

I thought this looked a lot better than The Green Lantern!

As I've said before... Daniel Craig AND Harrison Ford in a movie. I'm there.

Why? What in the world made them think to remake this film...

1 comment:

  1. Cowboys and Aliens is from a comic book? I didn't know that. I bet a lot of people don't know that. You need a bigger audience.

    ReplyDelete